Wednesday 30 December 2009

The end of 09

Well I thought now would be the perfect time to have a nice little thought out rant before the end of the year. Its about nothing really in particular just a collection of similar events or things I have seen this year which has left me slightly confused about not only how my mind works but how other peoples minds work too, although maybe the things I say leave people perplexed.

So I have a big bag of crisps and a cup of tea so I'm all settled for now at least, must be up early for work in the morning but I can stay up long enough to talk about the stuff that has been on my mind. Firstly I admire sooo many talented models and photographers many of which get the recognition they deserve, some will always be *hidden gems* but to me they are all stars for their attitude and skill, theres lots of people I admire and all for different reasons. I love and admire people with passion for something, even if their passion is nothing like mine, people who actually want to better themselves.. Not just to 'prove a point' to someone else or to secure more bookings but someone who actually strives to just be the best they can be, jump over hurdles to get to that level and even if they reach it they continue going because the only way is up. On the same token I'm fed up of seeing new models moan on forums that they never get listed on peoples 'fave models' lists or whatever = WHO CARES... be a better model, work with better photographers and better yourself, the only reason other models are listed is because they are bloody good at their job, they have worked for years in the industry and have put in time and effort and it takes more than a couple of months to be a 'known/reputable' model.

Someone asked me recently what I love most about modelling, I actually had trouble answering because the truth is that there is soo many things I love about it. Meeting interesting people who all have a different story to tell is pretty good. I love getting up in the morning and preparing for a shoot, I remember how nervous I was on my first 10 or so shoots and I knew that overcoming the nerves would be worth while. I love feeling appreciated and being able to help people, when a new photographer comes to me and is honest in saying 'Look i've not done this before - help me' I feel like I'm in my element and actually able to do everything I can without feeling too restricted. I make no secret about the fact that I am not the best model to direct, if you plop me in a location I do what comes naturaly and most of the time it does work better than me focusing on someone instructing me.

I do plan on travelling more next year and I know that travelling has been my downpoint, if I took on every offer I have had I know my portfolio would really benefit so hopefully the offers from this year will still be on the table next year.

Right I have prattled on a bit.
Shooting this weekend and next week so I'm really excited about that. Can't wait to start producing again, in the past few months I know I have more than halfed my 'usual' shoots. I don't have a reason for that, just seemed like when I got back from England I naturally had a bit of a break and I aint quite got right back into it yet.

Im spurred up and ready to go again, time to take off in 2010 :-)

I hope everyone has a fantastic newyear and doesn't get too drunk :-)

Cxx

2 comments:

  1. I was expecting a rant about swans....

    Have a Happy New Year Miss Red, see you in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chrissie, bet you feel better for that, but for the record you are spot on, life is what you make it.... or not !
    Take care and all the best for 2010
    xd

    ReplyDelete