Wednesday 1 August 2012

Back to work!

Well it has been an AGE since I last posted, I have been doing little bits and pieces model wise though so I have not been completely lazy. I'm switching screens somewhat to remind myself what I have posted and what I have still to post. Not sure if it will be easier digested in separate entries or all in the one go - like a mammoth post'athon of my favourite shots this past 6 months..

Decided a mammoth post is in order so here goes..

Both of these were shot by Glenn Richardson - grphotography- down near Reading at the end of last year :D



While on that trip Rory and I visited a mixture of Pretty places including - Wales which neither of us has ever been to before, its landscape reminded me so much of Scotland just on a slightly smaller scale. We visited Hugh over in a place I wont even begin to attempt to spell right now..
Here is one of me and Hughs Dog, sometimes its just easier to shoot what is there. Hugh also printed me off a copy of this shot so I have it here waiting to be framed :D



On our second day in Wales Hugh gave Rory and I run of the land and house, we enjoyed goiung out for walks with the dogs knowing that if I felt like getting nude I could, I wish I had my own land to use as I please. Still it was nice just for one day not to worry about passers by or the locals being offended..

Here are just a few, there was a fair load of images I could easily have posted but these were the first ones I came to in the folder..




I also visited Southampton and worked with MKwong, I have admired Manns work for .. well since I started modelling, I remember one of his shots of a model I really admired at the time and thought to myself "One day I will work with him" and I did. He had been taking a break from photography and I'm so glad he decided to come out of semi retirement for our shoot. We didn't have much in the way of plans but here is my favourite from the day :D




I also had a little shoot with my buddy Tim Pile, he is a superstar and I always love working with him.
In the morning we were joined by Dinah who is one of his shooting companions, she is lovely. In the afternoon we nipped over to RobS's studio.. I feel like I say lovely too much but nearly everybody I work with is lovely or awesome.. Rob was no exception :D 


I'm worried about leaving things out and my computer filing skills leave a lot to be desired so I'm just going through my "download" folder in order. 

Despite my last update being in February all of the above and some of the below were all shot previous to that. 

The next images are all by my friend John Mcnairn, we have worked together so many times now that I have lost count. He lets me run away with myself on shoots, sometimes when you are placed in a perfect setting its impossible to not just go wild and do what comes naturally - for me thats usually taking my clothes off :D sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but being encouraged to be myself and being free to do whatever I please makes me happy.











In February I went up North to see Olly Murrs (Guilty as charged, Love him)
So while in the area Rob - CSD images and I had a little shoot :D
It wasn't the warmest day out but it was productive and great fun, before then I had never really explored that area so it was nice to be out and about.


Next was my trip to London :D
My anxiety always made me fear the place, Like actually crap myself at the thought of going anywhere near it - not a pretty thought but its true. Rorys brother invited us down, I even managed an overnight train ride and went on the underground!! GO ME!

There was somebody local who has been very special to me for a long time, somebody who I never in a million years thought I would get to meet let alone have a little shoot with. When times have been bad he has been an angel looking out for me from afar. 

These are my favourites from our 30 minute shoot, I wish we had more time together and weren't so far away..  I have all the love and respect in the world for him. Thank you VjayJethwa for being you :)




I used to hate my freckles, with a passion - and the red hair but occasionally people book me for that reason - Like the mighty talented Stuart Hendry, we had a little shoot in my hotel room in London. I still need to meet his gorgeous girlfriend but working with him brought me a tiny bit closer to her :D


I also had another shoot with NigeNW, the sun was out which is a very occasion in Scotland.. Not that I was complaining, we did our usual - driving around for hours until settling on a few really awesome locations. 

The first one was luck and speed.. This road is one of the busiest up North, I had to stand at the side waiting until the right moment. In some of the other shots you can see cars driving away from me. I think the weather made me braver than normal that day. I would say it was worth it and nobody came back to complain!





We can call my next section "Mid-year Resolutions"
Apart from needing to update more often there are some really talented friends of mine I should work with more often. The excuse isn't distance, its maybe been laziness on my part or because my house has been distracting me but here are some people who I have worked with most often just not more than enough recently..

Monkey Twizzle - Me thinks this was our 40 odd'ith shoot. Shot on various formats, everytime I go to visit Billy he has some new but very old camera added to his collection of old cameras!





Next is Simon Pole. We used to work together practically all the time - not so much now but hey we had a nice few hours out and about and were Joined by Stuart mid-way through. 



Last but by no means least  - Dylan - sonofthesea.
I've always enjoyed working with Dylan, he is possibly the closest photographer to me (apart from Rory) but we float around saying "yes darling we will shoot soon" but rarely actually do it. Anyway we did get out and about and visited his friend Davids castle, had a wonderful time and we are in the "yes we will shoot again soon" process of arrangements right now..





Here are a few by Rory, there is more but these ones were the first I came across :D


Here are a couple by Alfin :D showing off my ginger'ness and my freckles wonderfull *if I do say so myself*





And here is one by Dave Hunt who is based over in Killin from a workshop Rory and I done with him.
xxxx




3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the madhouse!!

    What a lovely variety of different shots, and it reminded what a great model you are, and that I have lots more great shots of you that I must work on :-s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're still there. How's the "housework" going? (We have an old one that we've been repairing and facelifting for a few years.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes still here but been keeping a lower than I should profile. The house is going ok, I've been learning lots but as you will understand it really doesn't happen as quickly as you originally expect it to. I've almost finished my bathroom - new tiles on floor/wall/new bathroom suite/lighting/shower so its almost as perfect as its ever going to be. Other places still need a fair bit of work but its nice to be living here and on hand to do things when i fancy it. xx

      Delete