Monday 19 November 2012

Christmas is coming!!


I know the title is a little early, but its true. You just get over the summer and the dark nights come in and suddenly Christmas is around the corner. Might not make much sense but the months feel shorter, the weeks even shorter and the days are over just after they begin.

As I said before I've not been hibernating :-D
Amazingly the temperatures aren't that unworkable yet which is unusual given my location and the time of year it is.

The images in this blog are by the lovely Paul Wilson, we had arranged a location shoot but looking at forecasts we decided a studio might be better. Low and behold the morning arrived and it was a beautiful day :( 

I was well chuffed with these shots, its the first shoot he has had in over a year so I was happy to be part of it and wanted to share them with you lot!


Its only Tuesday morning but so far this week I've been christmas shopping, had a visit from the parents and was part of a very interesting project with a photographer I've wanted to work with for a long time.

He asked me if I would be interested in doing what is essentially self portraits, the only difference being is that he would be controlling the shoot from Australia so really I pressed the button for him because distance was and always will be an issue when there is 10.000 and odd miles between you.


I'm really looking forward to seeing how he processes the shots and puts them together, Hopefully I will be able to share a few in the not to distant future on here :D 

I also had a shoot last week with Brian Martin, this was our 4th shoot. 2nd location shoot and as before we really were quite productive. We spent the day together in my new local locations. Despite the weather not being ideal it was actually great being out again and feeling the mud between my toes. Thankfully my boots have dried off now though and they are ready for my next shoot later in the week.

Oh and I have my train tickets for London. Originally I planned on slowly travelling down and stopping places along the way but I decided that so soon into the newyear isn't a great time for hanging about train stations in the cold or staying in travel lodges on my own - I love being alone but I hate actually having nobody close by to chat to. Not sure how other models manage it, the few times I have been in hotels alone I've felt more alone than ever.

So yeah, I have one booking for while I'm down that way. Only a short one with Steve whom I worked with last time I was in the area. Nothing written and stone and its mainly a holiday than a working trip but will be nice to fit in a couple of shoots with some friendly faces. Managed to bag some 1st class rail tickets to so I will be able to blog while on the move making use of the free wifi while sipping complimentary tea and munching on free food!!

Anyway I think thats all, time to get the coffee on and try and wake myself up.


Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment